- That by-law (2019)-20432 (the Procedural By-law) be amended as follows:
Insert definition of Emergency City Council Meeting:
“Emergency City Council Meeting” means any meeting of City Council called under Section 8.1 (d).
Insert Section 4.1 (e):
4.1 Public Notice of Meetings
e) Section 4.1 (d) shall not apply to emergency meetings called under Section 8.1 (d). The Clerk shall give public notice for emergency meetings called under Section 8.1 (d) by inclusion on the City’s website as soon as possible after the meeting is called.
Insert Section 8.3:
8.3 Emergency City Council Meetings
a) Where an emergency has been declared in all or part of the City of Guelph under Section 4 or 7.0.1 of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act:
- any member of City Council may participate in any open or closed City Council meeting electronically and be counted for the purpose of establishing quorum;
- all votes shall be by show of hands or by verbal consent (yes or no); and
- City Council shall have the discretion to consider any items previously considered by any committee of City Council, but not yet confirmed by City Council at the time the emergency was declared, as part of an emergency meeting called under Section 8.1 (d).
- That Section 4.8 of the Procedural By-law be suspended to allow the March 23, 2020 Emergency City Council meeting called under Section 8.1 (d) to proceed without delegations.