It was requested that clause 6 be voted on separately.
1. That report “Managing the impacts of COVID-19: Update #2” dated May 11, 2020 be forwarded to the local MP and MPP, FCM, AMO, LUMCO and the Federal Minister of Finance and the Ministers of Municipal Affairs and Housing and Minister of Finance for the Province of Ontario.
2. That Council endorse staff exploration of financial, economic development and culture and tourism considerations raised by the Mayor’s Task Force for Economic Recovery and report back through the next COVID-19 update with recommendations.
3. That Council endorse the Grow Back Better: Our Food Future’s 10-point COVID-19 Recovery Plan that refocuses $1.6 million in Federal Smart Cities funding over the next 18 months to support social and economic recovery efforts in Guelph-Wellington.
4. That due to the on-going revenue losses resulting from COIVD-19, the limited access to revenue tools to manage through these impacts, concerns with property tax and user rate affordability and the forecasted need to rely upon reserve and reserve funds for a long-term period of uncertainty, the City of Guelph support the call for emergency municipal funding by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities and the Large Urban Mayors’ Caucus of Ontario.
5. That Guelph call on other levels of government to arm municipal governments with more diversified revenue streams, as a way to mitigate municipal financial vulnerability, support the sector’s recovery and improve financial independence through longer-term reforms, without creating additional burden on taxpayers and recognizing affordability as an important guiding principle.
7. That the revised May to August 2020 City Council Meeting Schedule, included as Attachment-1 to report titled “Managing the impacts of COVID-19: Update #2”, dated May 11, 2020, be approved.