The following recommendations have been provided by Watson and Associates Economists Ltd., the independent third-party expert contracted by the City of Guelph to complete the City Council Composition and Ward Boundary Review:
1. That Guelph City councillors be elected in a ward system.
2. That one City councillor be elected per ward.
3. That Guelph City Council be comprised of eight councillors plus the Mayor.
4. That the employment status of City councillors be full time.
The following recommendations have been provided by City staff:
5. That phase two of the City Council Composition and Ward Boundary Review, being the Ward Boundary Review, proceed based on the establishment of eight wards.
6. That staff be directed to bring forward a City Council composition by-law prior to the 2022 municipal election following the adoption of a ward boundary by-law and the expiration of the ward boundary by-law appeal period.