Our Shared Journey: Unpacking Systemic Racism
Nancy Rowe, M.A.
Marva Wisdom, M.A.
- Session introduction and purpose
- Scott Stewart, Chief Administrative Officer, to introduce co-facilitators Marva Wisdom and Nancy Rowe
- Initial team and roles
- Setting the context
- Rules of engagement and learning to get comfortable with being uncomfortable
- First things first - introduction:
- Land acknowledgement
- Relationships and brief history of colonialism
- Introduction to systemic racism:
- What are the components?
- How might each component be experienced?
- Community Plan progress and next steps
- Actions already happening in the community
- Strategies and actions that seem to be helpful in tackling systemic racism
- Demonstrating community leadership
- Questions and/or what would you like to know more about?
- Wrap-up and next steps
Optional pre-meeting material that will help in grounding session: